Even Before Your Shower…
We all know that drinking water is vital to ensuring good health – including proper weight, reasonable blood pressure, and even cancer prevention to a degree – but did you know that the time of day that you drink your water affects how much benefit from it? A recent infographic on the Life and Livingness blog shows some interesting facts that will have you reaching for a glass of water before your cup of coffee or glass of OJ even.
Here are the facts behind it:
1. Drinking water first thing in the morning, before breakfast particularly, helps cleanse the colon, making it easier for the body to absorb the nutrients you will consume at breakfast and even lunch. Why waste the calories if your body can’t efficiently use the nutriets you are feeding it with each meal?
2. Drinking water helps increase the production of new blood cells and muscle tissue. As we age, we see that it becomes harder and harder for our body to repair itself. If something as simple as drinking water can help, why not?
3. Drinking water jump starts your daily weight loss. According to their statistics, 16 ounces of chilled water can boost your morning metabolism by 24%. Water also helps the body feel full and satisfied, thus reducing the amount of food you need to consume.
4. Drinking water purges toxins from the blood, helping give you glowing skin. That’s a little less time you can spend on your morning routine!
5. Water in the morning balances your lymph system, which helps with all of your body’s everyday functions, balances your fluid levels, and fights infections.
We always knew a glass of great-tasting, healthy drinking water was a perfect way to start your day – glad that the medical sciences agree with us. To make sure that your water is all that it should be, use a home water filter to flush out the things that you don’t want to drink!
Write a comment
You need to login to post comments!